Gateway To Arabic Verb conjugation Flashcards Set One
This pack of flashcards contains 50 double-sided cards in full colour, each measuring 21 by 15cm. The pack has been designed to help students of Arabic master the intricacies of conjugating all the major groups of Form I triliteral verbs, including:
• Sound pure verbs (regular verbs formed from three sound root letters that do not vary throughout the verb conjugation);
• Doubled root letter verbs (verbs that have identical second and third root letters);
• Hollow verbs (verbs that have a weak second root letter);
• Verbs with a weak first root letter (verbs that begin with waw or ya);
• Verbs with a weak third root letter (verbs that end in alif, ya or alif maqsura);
• Verbs with hamza as the first root letter;
• Verbs with hamza as the second root letter;
• Verbs with hamza as the third root letter;
• Split complex verbs (verbs that have weak first and third root letters);
• Adjacent complex verbs (verbs that have weak second and third root letters).
A two-sided template has been provided for each verb group, enabling the learner to see the pattern of the verb in the past and present tenses, the
jussive and subjunctive moods, as well as the imperative forms. Colour coding has been used to highlight the gender differences across the verb patterns. Each group of verbs is followed by a card giving additional samples of verbs of the same template patterns for further practice. An index of the verbs conjugated on the templates in this pack is also included for ease of reference.