INDIAN COSTUS ROOT POWDER QIST AL HINDI
- Calculated at Checkout
COSTUS ROOT POWDER QUST AL HINDI
The Messenger Muhammad (SAW) said, “Use this ‘Oud al-Hindi (Indian Wood Costus) because it contains 7 types of cures, it is sniffed by the one having throat trouble, and is put inside the mouth of one suffering from pleurisy”. [Saheeh al-Bukhari (5692)].
In addition, the Messenger (SAW) said: ” CUPPING, HIJAMA and Qust al-Bahri (Sea Incense Costus) are the best of your remedies”. He added, “You should not harm your children by treating tonsillitis by pressing their tonsils, rather use Qust al-Bahri (Sea Incense Costus)”. [Saheeh al-Bukhari (5696)].
Qust (Costus) also against victular and quartan fever (fever that comes every 4 days), the pain on the side of the body and poisons. When the face is anointed with Qust (Costus) that has been ground and mixed with water and honey, it heals spots that appear on the face. Galinus said that Qust (Costus) ‘heals tetanus, the pain on the sides and kills spots (which he called pumpkin seeds).
Besides that, modern researches suggest that Qust (Costus) is a blood purifier, antiseptic and increases the cutaneous circulation. Hence, it might be used to treat dandruff, freckles, and ringworm. It is a good insect repellent. Hence, might be used to keep off the insects from the clothes. Internally it is a good anti-spasmodic and neurotonic, hence, might be used to treat coughs, bronchitis, bronchial asthma, paralysis, facial palsy and neurasthenia.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COSTUS ROOT
- Treat Fever
- It increases heat in the body
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces fat
- Fights infection
- It reduces inflammation
- This herb relieves pain well
- It treats skin diseases
- It can improve hair growth
- Removes toxins from the body
- Skin diseases like itching and eczema
- Low immunity and cold cough
- Nerve weakness
- Low blood pressure
- Intestinal parasites
- Irregular and painful periods and scanty menses
COSTUS DOSAGE POWDER
Below are some points on how to take costus:
- 1tsp costus powder, 1tsp honey in warm water, ideally on an empty stomach, once a day.
It is used to treat: stomach pains, stomach upsets, diarherra, constipation, colon problems, blood clots, tumours, cancer, cholesterol, high blood pressure, asthma, breathing problems, cleanses the womb, increases fertility, strengthens muscles after labor, contracts the womb, aids weight loss (take twice daily, morning and evening), diabetes (without the honey).
- 1tsp costus powder, 1tsp honey, mix together and apply to the skin surface. Leave for 2 hours and then rinse off.
It is used to treat: acne, pimples, spots, scars, burns, nappy rash, mosquito bites, eczema, thrush, piles and as a face mask.
- 1tsp costus powder, 1 glass of water, boil together for 2 minutes and allow to cool. Shake and apply 3 drops in each nostril.
It is used to treat: nose bleeds, runny nose, disinfects cuts.
- 1tsp costus, apply directly to the skin.
It is used to treat: athletes foot. Also used as a natural deodorant.
Take orally with food or drink, once a week.
It is used to strengthen the immune system.
- 5. 1tsp costus powder, 1 glass of coconut oil. Place on low heat for 5 minutes and allow to cool. Shake well and apply to skin.
It is used to treat; dandruff, hair loss, arthritis, rheumatism, eczema, bites, spots, skin discoloring.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking costus if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Therefore, stay on the safe side and avoid use.