The global Muslim population continues to increase every year. With a tremendous influx of new converts in communities around the world, and Islam under the microscope in media and politics, the need for a clear and comprehensive text that explores the faith; its history, philosophy, principals, laws, and practices, has never been more necessary than it is today. ''What Islam is All About'' gives readers an insider's look into the beliefs and practices of over a billion people across the globe. In publication for over 20 years, this newly revised and redesigned edition meets the needs of English-speaking readers everywhere, elucidating a beautiful and often misunderstood religion - helping new Muslims understand their faith in greater depth and assisting non-Muslims in understanding the fastest growing religion in the West. Carefully reviewed for religious, historical, cultural, and linguistic accuracy and authenticity, this text covers:
• Islamic philosophy of the world and life within it.
• Essential teachings of Islam.
• The Islamic personality in family, business and society.
• Basic history of the Prophet Muhammad (s) and the rise of Islam.
• History of the ancient prophets.
• Study of the Holy Qur'an and Ahadith.
• Islamic law and its application.
• Contemporary issues and common misconceptions.
...and so much more! Ideal for new Muslims, long-time Muslims seeking to deepen or renew their knowledge, and anyone interested in knowing more about Islam, you will not find a more complete, compelling or accessible presentation of the Islamic faith in literature today. If there is only one contemporary book that you read to learn everything you need to know about the Islam - ''What Islam is All About'' is it!