Mastering Arabic 1 is the most lively, accessible and carefully-paced Arabic course on the market. It is aimed at beginners with little or no previous knowledge of the language who want to understand, speak and read Arabic confidently.
Mastering Arabic 1:
- is the bestselling course, suitable for study at home or in the classroom
- teaches Modern Standard Arabic, the universal language of the Arab world understood by all Arabic speakers
- covers a useful variety of situations you will encounter in the Arab world
- offers a gradual introduction to the language, script and structures through audio, video, stories and easy-to-follow explanations
- includes hundreds of lively exercises to help you practise what you've learnt
This new edition features:
- an attractive full colour page design and a wealth of illustrations and photos
- online video on our free-to-access website with associated exercises in the book
- new conversational sections which encourage you to get speaking right from the start
Authors Jane Wightwick and Mahmoud Gaafar share many years' experience in a combination of teaching, educational publishing and communication in the Arab world.